[FRIAM] A First Look at the Bose Hearing Aid - Self-Fitting Bose "Hearing Aid" Resembles Bose Hearphones

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 14 11:27:35 EDT 2019

Right, Dave,

I think this is a bit trimmed down, and gussied up from what you showed me.
Did you look at the description?  Let me know.

Mike keeps pointing out that the ear is not really doing Fourier transforms
at all . it's representing the geography of the cochlea from micro second to
micro second.  What I never can understand is what MORE information is in
the signal than timexfrequencyxintensity to be extracted.  Mike has
explained it to me often but I have never quite been able to HEAR him.

[sigh]

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/>