[FRIAM] excess meaning alert? (was, Re: are we how we behave?)

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Sat Mar 30 14:19:01 EDT 2019

Marcus -

I commend you for your ability to remain distant from the subject...   I
do believe there is an analogy to the Observer Effect in quantum theory
which suggests that one *never* decouples entirely from anything,
though such invocation might represent an abuse of the metaphor and
risks indulging in "excess meaning", etc.

> Tweaked in them.
>

> I think Trumpism is one of those... He was just trying to tweak up his
> brand and now he's halfway to being the world-dictator, and we helped
> do it by under-estimating the hope/fear we carry around the topics he
> tweaked in us?

    "Sometimes the most you can do is nothing" - Anonymous friend full
    of Aphorisms

    "To know your enemy, you must become your enemy" - Sun Tzu

    "The biggest risk in a confrontation is to *become* your enemy in
    the process"

    "He who must not be named" - JK Rowling

    "I just call him 45, I won't reinforce his brand/name"  Anecdotally
    pervasive

    "To be IN the world but not OF the world" - Sufism

    "the Observer Effect" - Quantum Theory