[FRIAM] A Question For Tomorrow

glen∈ℂ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed May 1 13:12:12 EDT 2019

But that's what's confusing to me. Why do we need the metaphysical extrapolation from the model to "the true explanation"? I'm not saying I don't suffer from a similar need. I'm asking for myself as much as anyone else.

By "seem very different", you're asserting classical logic, a fragility to inconsistency, a reliance on proof by contradiction. If the implications of this contradict the implications of that, then one of them must be false. But, in my ignorant understanding of the process, neither physics nor mathematical paradox resolution rely on that. It's always some munging of old things to arrive at the new things, including munging the logic by which the implications are inferred. Why is "shut up and calculate" so unnatural?