[FRIAM] Imposter complex (was: A Question For Tomorrow)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu May 2 11:30:03 EDT 2019

Glen writes:

< The person who hired me said I was suffering from "imposter complex", which when I just now googled it, seems to be better termed "imposter syndrome".  >

Isn't it possible this person was suffering from Inflated Self-esteem Syndrome?   At our house, there is a constant competition to imagine the worst-case scenarios rather than interesting opportunities.   My expertise in that area doesn't focus so much on health issues, but on potential sequences of negative events that are inevitable attractors.   To counter the other, I'm in the habit of attaching `syndrome' to every possible condition --  empty stomach syndrome, neurotransmitter depletion syndrome, achy knee syndrome, and so on.    It usually is not appreciated.

Marcus