[FRIAM] More on levels of sequence organization

glen∈ℂ gepropella at gmail.com
Sun May 5 05:29:33 EDT 2019

I posit that all strict hierarchies *must* be violated for any[†] work to be done[‡]. In other words, strict hierarchies are fictions. They don't exist except in our imagination. So, the difference the violation makes is: Of course it violates a strict hierarchy; otherwise it wouldn't have worked. 8^)

[†] Well, any *significant* work to be done. The idea that an organism is more complex than a machine seems to be simply the qualifier that the work it does is somehow meaningful ... not merely rote.

[‡] I further posit that this is the separation between specific and general intelligence. The reason humans are capable of executing tasks that are difficult to automate is because "we are large, we contain multitudes" (bastardizing Whitman).