[FRIAM] words RE: words

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:31:38 EDT 2019

There are many different definitions of emergence. I prefer not to use that word at all. I prefer to distinguish the generators from the phenomena and talk about the properties of the gen-phen map.

No matter how simple or complex the pattern is on the 2D plot, there's a gen-phen map at work. If there is emergence involved in *any* of the phenomena you see (including all off or all on cells), then there's emergence in *all* the patterns you see. I.e. *every* state change would be "emergent" even if you think it's boring.

--
☣ uǝlƃ