[FRIAM] Reasons why we elect narcissists

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed May 8 14:26:47 EDT 2019

Glen writes:

"Even *if* we admit that the accumulation of biological artifacts (like shorter telomeres) "tells the story of our lives", there are some of us who don't understand, reflect on, or realize that story and some who do. My headaches have helped me be more episodic, I think. Maybe you need a good concussion or something to help you doff that narrative."

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/how-to-predict-the-future/588040/

I like the observation how such experts are able to explain away any violation of their predictions with `minor' changes to their model.   The hedgehogs just have too much invested in their narrative to make accurate predictions.

Marcus