[FRIAM] capitalism vs. individualism

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Fri Nov 8 13:40:21 EST 2019

Glen writes:

< As much as I'd love to see a constitutional convention, my guess is too few people care enough about others (other countries, the earth, other life forms) to work authentically toward a solution. Every player would be trying to game the system for themselves (or their "tribe", whatever they think that is). So, scrapping it seems too risky. And we're left with the technical debt and the rule-rot we have. >

There's another kind of debt, which is the money kind.   That could really get out of control if revenue went down.   I wonder what it would take before I could make money shorting U.S. treasury bonds?   Could U.S. cities endure a national bankruptcy?

Marcus