[FRIAM] Better self phone plan deals?

Carl Tollander carl at plektyx.com
Mon Nov 11 22:59:14 EST 2019

My Google Fi (TMobile & Sprint & someothercarrier & Wifi) averaging about
45/mo.  Around 27 base with taxes, then $10/GB.  It could get up in the 80
buck range if you used a lot of data but they cap the costs (not the data)
at 6GB, so I would never pay more than around $90 which is unlikely for
me.   Nice international path.    There's a new GoogeFi unlimited plan
that's a lot cheaper;  I may switch soon after I run the numbers.   The
Pixel phones (just got a 3XL) have spiff radios that allow Fi to switch
between best available signals (TMobile, Sprint, wifi) pretty seamlessly
(you don't notice when it switches).    Granted, eventually Sprint and
TMobile will merge, but it's still a reasonable plan.

Google Fi is a Multiple Virtual Network Operator (MVNO).  More on MVNO
stuff.  https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/26/best-mvnos/

Carl