[FRIAM] Better self phone plan deals?

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Nov 12 19:55:34 EST 2019

I switched to Fi 3 years ago and am generally very happy.   I ran 1
phone for under $40 for a year and have been running 2 for under $60 for
the last two.   This low price depends heavily on my using my own WiFi
network for *most* usage, and one of these phones gets *very little*
Web/Mail use anyway.   One month, while both of us were on the road, I
think we triggered at least $50 in extra data charges... but this was
perhaps because when I didn't have WiFi, I  used the  phone (over MVNO)
to hotspot my laptop.

I'm generally happier with this system than I ever was with previous
carriers/systems which included Verizon, TMo, ATT ...

If you (Gil) don't have WiFi at home, I'm not sure it would work out for
you, or if you spend a lot of time *away* from WiFi and then demand a
lot of data over your phone (streaming video)...

Oh yeh... and I was switching to a Pixel for other reasons anyway.   The
second phone I got for it's compatibility with Fi was a Galaxy (I think)
and was under $200 cash price.