[FRIAM] capitalism vs. individualism

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Nov 14 18:50:02 EST 2019

Apparently encoding words can be done by my *fingers* -- I can type them correctly but nonetheless insert them out of order.   That's kind of wild.

On 11/14/19, 3:45 PM, "Marcus Daniels" <marcus at snoutfarm.com> wrote:

    Glen writes:

       "So, what pragmatic reason is there to make the distinction you make here?"

    HR often departments act as if the feature space for skills can be represented as a binary vector associated with a given candidate.  That resource is a thing they try to acquire and will get rid of when they no longer need it.   A rich enough company might even hold on to such resources just so that another company couldn't get it.    They aren't as bald-faced as calling their employees property though.   They don't hesitate to use terms like "intellectual property", however.

        --
        ☣ uǝlƃ