[FRIAM] capitalism vs. individualism

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Nov 14 19:15:15 EST 2019

Escher demonstrated that an equal number (aleph null) of angels AND
devils can dance on the head of a hyperbolic pinhead...

I only argue the point because I personally do not have as clear of a
distinction as I would like to.   I merely intuit that there is a
qualitative difference between "owning" that which I can husband or
steward personally and that which requires some kind of threat or
coercion to maintain control of?

Ultimately in a utopian communist fantasy scene, if I killed a lizard
this morning and you are hungry, it is my duty/role/obligation to give
it to you, or at least share it... and if I've already gobbled it down
greedily and your need is significant, it is uncumbent on me to barf up
a portion like a mother coyote does for her young.   And if I have more
lizard than I can eat before it spoils (though I hear they can be quite
good if properly fermented in a damp hole in a tree) then it is even
more important that I share it?

can you help me separate "control" from "stewardship"?