[FRIAM] capitalism vs. individualism

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 19:52:35 EST 2019

There are several hem-and-haw phrasings you use in the below. 8^) For example, when you say "act as owners", you're relying on some concept of ownership that isn't at all present in what you're talking about. If this type of soft, permeable control you're calling "herding" and "symbiotic" is really all there is, then what does "owner" actually mean? Is it some ideal that never obtains in the real world? And if so, then why use the silly term?

And I didn't mean "egoism". I meant "egotism", conceit, an inflated sense of self that one works to maintain.

That qualitative difference between the cheese and the process/things by which the cheese is made bears some reflection. When teaching someone to, say, build a website with JavaScript or somesuch, they begin with some sense that it's magical or difficult or whatever. And by the end of it, they no longer feel that way. To me this happens with *every* thing I learn. So, the question results: Is that qualitative difference you feel between cheese vs. cheese-making simply one of ignorance?

Now, I admit there's a scale that matters. Just because I can make a nuclear reactor in my kitchen does *not* mean I can build the LHC. But for all scalable X-making (means of production), the distinction seems purely one of degree, not kind.

--
☣ uǝlƃ