[FRIAM] post you seem to have missed from FRIAM

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Wed Nov 20 13:07:52 EST 2019

Dave writes:

< Puritanism is one of those things that IS relative, in the sense that most everyone has a line that is not to be crossed, for no objective, rational, reason but just because "I don't want to." I won't use recreational drugs (e.g. cocaine), drink to excess, or read (well I have, but don't anymore) romance novels. We are all puritans sometimes. >

Puritanism?  Among the reasons I don’t take cocaine is that I held/hold a security clearance and I would have been caught within a few months if I had done that.   For example, I also would not think of improving my computer by pouring gasoline on it.   Why would I expect some ham-handed intervention like that to work on my brain?   Why should I go out of my way to find more bad habits within unknown consequences?

Marcus