[FRIAM] post you seem to have missed from FRIAM

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 21 11:06:21 EST 2019

Can somebody explain “overclocking”

That’s a new one for me.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

 <http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/

From: Friam [mailto:friam-bounces at redfish.com] On Behalf Of Prof David West
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 5:09 AM
To: friam at redfish.com
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] post you seem to have missed from FRIAM

Marcus,

"puritanism" was mentioned only because Nick, and indirectly Frank, used the term as a self-descriptor. Obviously there are other reasons for self imposed limits other than puritanism.

You might not pour gasoline on your computer to improve it, but you might overclock it.  For me, hallucinogens are closer to overclocking the brain/mind while cocaine, morphine, oxycodone, etc. are akin to gasoline. The latter are (bad) habit inducing but not the former.

Interestingly, most hallucinogens also have a side effect  like overclocking — of generating excess heat.

davew