[FRIAM] post you seem to have missed from FRIAM

glen∈ℂ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 12:20:11 EST 2019

And among the reasons I don't have a security clearance is to preserve the *option* of taking cocaine, at will. 8^) I agree with both you and Dave in that I would not choose to take cocaine. But I might choose to take other drugs. E.g. I've taken some THC since it's been legal, here. It's fun for a few hours, but then I almost always get a massive headache. So, I have a built-in Puritanifier ... well, Puritanical is mostly a word used to control *other people* ... So, we're definitely abusing the word, here.

The real question is about thrill-seeking. I can't imagine purposefully avoiding thrilling experiences. I may not seek them out like some do. But avoiding them seems like evidence of PTSD. Of course, given the violence of my childhood, maybe *not* avoiding them is evidence of PTSD. 8^) If so, then seeking it out would be something like psychosis. Regardless, I'm a firm believer in "resets". I enjoy moving, changing jobs, hanging out in unfamiliar places, traveling to foreign lands, etc. And that's how I view the psychedelics (both drugs and practices like meditation or even Cognitive Behavior Therapy), as ways to "reset". Anyone who purposefully avoids resets seems a bit strange to me. If you're simply too lazy to engage in resets, that's more reasonable than purposefully avoiding them.