[FRIAM] means of production take 3

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Nov 21 14:36:54 EST 2019

Nick writes:

<  Dogs seem to have (or enact) a concept of ownership.  >

Just have to bite on this one:   My cattle dog seems to think of her collar as jewelry.   If I take it off she chases after me and tries to get it back.

< This scheme is known as altruistic enforcement because from a Darwinian modeling point of view, it's hard to see why the dominant individuals -- the soldiers, if you will -- don't pool their resources and take down the Don. >

Each would have to believe the new boss would be better than the old boss, that it wouldn't be them, and that someone will be the boss.   They've invested in an organization that has a pecking order, and so it would be dangerous to suddenly abandon it in favor of a looser cabal:  Everyone beneath each of them might do the same.

Marcus