[FRIAM] Document8

Nick Thompson nickthompson at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 31 17:20:51 EDT 2019

Dear Phellow Phriammers,

So I have been reading, Olsson, K. The Weil Conjectures
<https://www.amazon.com/Weil-Conjectures-Math-Pursuit/dp/0374287619> : On
the pursuit of math and the unknown. New York, NY Farrar Straus Giroux.
2019.  Not only does the book evoke the chasm that mathematical genius
excavates around itself, but it also has many interesting meditations on
conjecture, metaphor, and scientific creativity generally.  I keyed in some
passages, attached them, and will copy them in below

Love to hear some comments tomorrow.  Also, I am hoping for a continuation
of our discussion of Darwin's Origin as a metaphor.

Nick