[FRIAM] Thx for the traffic

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Fri Sep 13 12:10:53 EDT 2019

On 9/13/19 12:19 AM, Marcus Daniels wrote:

> One application distributed ledger systems have for currency is
> precisely as mechanism to bypass regulation.
>
> A common reason for the bypass is crime.   Another reason is as an
> organizational tool against those in power who abuse it.   It doesn’t
> take a lot of imagination these days to see that the distinction can
> be a matter of definition.

My freedom fighter is your terrorist.  Vice Versa.

I've noodled a bit on how distributed ledger systems might play in the
question of a post-democratic/post-free-market socioeconomy might look
like.

It seems like such things might address some of the more acute and
obvious problems in our current vision (much less implementation) of
democratic self-governance and free market exchange of goods and
services.   A currency that has both taxation and interest built into
it?  A tamper-proof, low-friction method for "the people" to express
their will?

This doesn't necessarily address some of the more insidious
meta-problems... just trimming off the more egregious tools for gaming
the economic and the political systems we live amongst.