[FRIAM] Unmediated perception - sheldrake

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 08:38:17 EDT 2019

For some reason I am seeing Nick's comments only when he is quoted by
others.

Dave, your description of Buddhist breathing reminded me of when my
father-in-law tried to teach me transcendental meditation. He was a retired
attorney whose volunteer work was to teach TM to prisoners at the Indiana
State Prison. I decided to try what he taught me the other day to see if I
could get any benefit from it. The way he taught it to me was you try to
remove all thoughts from your mind while silently repeating a word which,
he said, didn't matter what it was. Anyway when I tried it recently I
discovered that it was very difficult to keep thoughts out of my mind. The
way I experienced it, I would think I was keeping thoughts out of my mind
but then I would remember that I had had thoughts a few moments ago. This
reminds me of my discussions with Nick about whether people think. If you
try transcendental meditation you will realize that people can't not think.

Frank

Frank Wimberly

My memoir:
https://www.amazon.com/author/frankwimberly