[FRIAM] Fwd: Logistics for Tomorrow and Final Needs

Merle Lefkoff merlelefkoff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 00:37:43 EDT 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Marilyn Winter-Tamkin <marilynwt1 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 5:27 PM
Subject: Fwd: Logistics for Tomorrow and Final Needs
To: Merle Lefkoff <merlelefkoff at gmail.com>, Barbara Johnson <
lunah3 at comcast.net>

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *Bianca Sopoci-Belknap <bianca at earthcarenm.org>
*Subject: **Logistics for Tomorrow and Final Needs*
*Date: *September 19, 2019 at 10:26:37 AM MDT
*To: *yucca at earthcarenm.org

Hi all,

Wow! We are almost there -- to our kick-off of this stage of our movement.
It's exciting -- and there's sooo much to do. We wanted to check-in with
final logistics for the team. Here's what you need to know.

The itinerary is below which is also on the website and on Facebook and has
been for a week or so.

If you can come by to the Center for Progress and Justice this afternoon
from 3PM-9:30PM, you can also get a briefing and help with final prep.

   1. *VOLUNTEER ARRIVAL TIME IS 10:30AM. **EASTERN CONCOURSE OF THE
   ROUNDHOUSE*
   2. *IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE A HELPER FOR THE DAY, PLEASE WEAR BLACK.* (we've
   asked everyone else to wear red, orange, or yellow shirts)
   3. *BUSES WILL START ARRIVING AT 11:15AM - *we will need helpers
   stationed by then
   4. *KNOW THAT WE ARE EXPECTING THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE & SO WE'VE CHANGED
   MARCH ACCORDINGLY SO WE STILL HAVE TIME TO FIT IN EVERYTHING WE NEED TO.
   THE MARCH WILL BE SPLIT INTO 4. EACH ARM OF THE MARCH WILL HIT A DIFFERENT
   ONE OF OUR TARGETS AND THEN RETURN TO THE ROUNDHOUSE. *As march helpers,
   you will be assigned to a specific march under the leadership of a Steering
   Committee team. Know that we will be marching in the streets and will block
   traffic for much of the downtown area for the hour we will be marching. We
   are in touch with SF police department and the Mayor's office.
   5. *PLEASE LEARN CHANTS/SONGS & CONTINUE ADDING HERE
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YBddcqiNSsECLw5WJtohyePl--yvRm-1kismmMi6ssE/edit?usp=sharing>
   - *this will really help make the experience powerful for everyone.
   6. *WE'LL SEND OUT A FINAL CALL TO ACTION THIS AFTERNOON - *please plan
   to share that widely but in the meantime today please invite folks to the
   FB event <https://www.facebook.com/events/365948240937807/>, call your
   friends, etc.
   7. *IF YOU HAVE A STEP LADDER - *we'll be buying any we don't have this
   afternoon - would rather borrow them. We have two so far - we need 6 total.
   8. We are paying artists, interpreters, for the buses, built the stages
   -- our staff team is still dedicating hours as volunteer hours - so at very
   least, we need to cover the hard costs of the event. We've raised a total
   of $6,000 - which is amazing. We still need a couple more thousand to cover
   the costs of supplies. Please send out our final call tonight and ask your
   networks to give what they can. If you want to get a jump on that,
here's the
   donate link <https://www.youthunited4climatecrisisaction.org/blank>.

****Remind everyone to wear orange, yellow, red - unless they are part of
the volunteer team.*

[image: 1.png]
[image: 2.png]

--
Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
President, Center for Emergent Diplomacy