[FRIAM] Fwd: Harper Lectures are going virtual.

George Duncan gtduncan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 19:58:12 EDT 2020

Economic impacts ...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Harper Lectures <alumni at uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 5:15 PM
Subject: Harper Lectures are going virtual.
To: <gtduncan at gmail.com>

Sign up to hear about online Harper Lectures.
Problems viewing this email? View online.
<http://go2.uchicago.edu/v/wQvHhc3Cm0000Ks700e1i0S>

UCHICAGO HARPER LECTURES

Bring Your Curiosity Online
[image: Harper Lectures]
<http://go2.uchicago.edu/dc/6fIbvuaSLN4gAP1ogTBc7ne7eoG_DHXjEm_07yHdarSoFiWzwrYOApzbaeT1DKDW0ATcGZhDvsVHfe5ALYAD5Nu9pe05Hb_cFPu_KmwaSASpl4DQFixGdbpip-VQMc5FgzZ3PGPPTmLmKKajkEadUw==/P000h03CmQ0Kdc0S0v2Hse1>
As we monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19, we're also thinking up
ways to help you stay connected to UChicago and the world. One result of
this effort: *Harper Lectures are going virtual this spring*.
Now you can join UChicago faculty for stimulating conversations on critical
topics, all for free and all in the comfort of your home. Register below
for an upcoming discussion with Chicago Booth's Raghuram Rajan--and more
events are on the way.

*Please join us for our first virtual Harper Lecture on April 13, featuring
Raghuram Rajan.*

COVID-19 is already taking a toll on markets, governments, and populations
worldwide. Join Chicago Booth's *Raghuram Rajan*
<http://go2.uchicago.edu/dc/2pQmEHUnAHprtWJceZVS78XUjlYJXJ40upQFozLCvWoi2D_CrAog21PjrX5eK1g2joRWxAJ8MBrOqQd-1PeCxnTxS8Up2lwBwJmSTSGg0xo=/P000h03CmQ0Kdc0S0v2Hse1>
for an online discussion, moderated by *Hal Weitzman*
<http://go2.uchicago.edu/dc/2pQmEHUnAHprtWJceZVS78XUjlYJXJ40upQFozLCvWrrZx4sZPlqHniOiiJwYYMT3Lp7m9ka9EMCZHJ6tCMPelZS0Ry5Qw358ikJ_ZNpygg=/P000h03CmQ0Kdc0S0v2Hse1>,
about what we can expect from the economy in the era of the coronavirus.
*The Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Economy*
*Featuring Raghuram Rajan and Hal Weitzman*
April 13, 2020
6:30-7:30 p.m. CDT
*Registration for this event is free but required. *
Register now. »
<http://go2.uchicago.edu/dc/mYehI-zfJyApz7iaACXq595DThTDrLmpV8ImlLZdPjjWMoy6xoLj-lW4r10gfuISY1_mdZTogm9gtZfcX9a5E9HBzYE9Mk90czVP9EsWNEPJy3nvQeFVBFlrZbbnKI2qi-jrsYEiTo8jUUihDfzVmw==/P000h03CmQ0Kdc0S0v2Hse1>

*Do you want to receive emails about additional virtual Harper Lectures
when they're announced?*
Yes. »
<http://go2.uchicago.edu/dc/M-P69dGKRd50-1070mvDaJZ7IaipOuw-dvL5aJZZlFZLQTFD3AA-bHkvgU6Wb0RbonDAvxDeoxRfshTup0Lq_wqFkl_49ogxMuR6aDTEWe0=/P000h03CmQ0Kdc0S0v2Hse1>
No. »
<http://go2.uchicago.edu/dc/M-P69dGKRd50-1070mvDaJZ7IaipOuw-dvL5aJZZlFZLQTFD3AA-bHkvgU6Wb0RbVn3zzoJgGW5SYR7XJ00DwTrUeuX6-zasUZ-aECyChBQ=/P000h03CmQ0Kdc0S0v2Hse1>
All of us in the UChicago Alumni office are thinking of you. We're here to
engage with you virtually as we look forward to meeting again in person!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Email alumni at uchicago.edu <http://go2.uchicago.edu/GsQ0HS10v3ceC03m0000Khe>
Phone 773.702.2150 <http://go2.uchicago.edu/hmKsfcQ00C000e3Sh010H4v>
[image: The University of Chicago]
<http://go2.uchicago.edu/dc/6fIbvuaSLN4gAP1ogTBc7ne7eoG_DHXjEm_07yHdarRBcu1_o_YGnUvSHHrqVqQS8EwMrLd__Qe3lvAbp5YATg==/P000h03CmQ0Kdc0S0v2Hse1>
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/5801+South+Ellis+Avenue+%0D%0A+Chicago,+IL+60637?entry=gmail&source=g>
The University of Chicago
5801 South Ellis Avenue
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/5801+South+Ellis+Avenue+%0D%0A+Chicago,+IL+60637?entry=gmail&source=g>

Chicago, IL 60637
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/5801+South+Ellis+Avenue+%0D%0A+Chicago,+IL+60637?entry=gmail&source=g>
1.800.955.0065 <http://go2.uchicago.edu/hmKsgcQ00C000e3Sh010H5v>

<http://go2.uchicago.edu/i6SC0hQsKhm003000ve1H0c>

This Online Learning & Virtual Events email was sent to gtduncan at gmail.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may update your
communication preferences
<http://engage.uchicago.edu/general-preferences.html?program=7746&mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTmpBd1lUTTNZVE13TlRreSIsInQiOiJGMzcyVTFoR0RsUENRNWdQWDd2Ti8vblRRS2lQcmw4N3F1aDNZdjFrZDNzQldWMzhWemhOTm15dDMvTHlGYTZQeTd2a0RrSW1kK1ZYaXpYUlMwYSsrQlE2V2ZJYVhTMElUMy9RbS9wdmhQcmlRc3F0c2ptVGdSWkhHaDhmeXVOcyJ9>
at any time.

--
George Duncan
Emeritus Professor of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University

My art theme: Dynamic exposition of the tension between matrix order and
luminous chaos.

"Attempt what is not certain. Certainty may or may not come later. It may
then be a valuable delusion."
>From "Notes to myself on beginning a painting" by Richard Diebenkorn.

"It's that knife-edge of uncertainty where we come alive to our truest
power." Joanna Macy.