[FRIAM] anthropological observations

Jochen Fromm jofr at cas-group.net
Mon Apr 13 13:58:15 EDT 2020

America under Trump moves clearly towards an authoritarian system. When she was a graduate student in Anthropology, Sarah Kendzior studied authoritarianism in Uzbekistan. As she describes in her book "Hiding in plain sight", what she saw when Trump emerged was oddly familiar with the things she saw in the states of the former Soviet Union - nepotism, corruption, etc. In my opinion fascism is always about merging different evolutionary systems, a move backwards towards a lesser degree of differentiation. The deeper we go back, the worse it becomes, from authoritarianism to communism and totalitarianism. It is a fascinating topic. I describe it in detail in my book which I published last year in German. I use the free time to translate it to English now.-J.
-------- Original message --------From: Marcus Daniels <marcus at snoutfarm.com> Date: 4/13/20  19:37  (GMT+01:00) To: FriAM <friam at redfish.com> Subject: Re: [FRIAM] anthropological observations

Glen writes:

< Multi-objective optimization would (then) be less fascist because the objectives compete. >

When Trump is out in the rose garden with Wal Mart and Target, CVS, etc. to address COVID-19 that's fascism in America.  Sure there are different agents with different objectives, and they compete to
 some extent, but it is still a common belief system that views harnessing people as good, and harnessing them more as better.   Harnessing like a horse.   Rarely does anyone ask if it is the kind of personality that would do that to people is the real problem.
 It's usually called leadership and not just an indication of being a psychopath.

Marcus