[FRIAM] Fontana 1996: Barrier to Objects (was Re: anthropological observations)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Apr 18 13:27:55 EDT 2020

Since then, linear logic has made its way into the practice of software engineering:  Rust’s linear types, and Mercury’s uniqueness modes<https://www.mercurylang.org/information/doc-latest/mercury_ref/Unique-modes.html> and Idris<http://docs.idris-lang.org/en/latest/reference/uniqueness-types.html> uniqueness types.    It goes back quite a ways, at least to Linear Lisp<http://home.pipeline.com/~hbaker1/LinearLisp.html>.   It makes sense for variables that are actually reactants.