[FRIAM] basis for prediction — forked from the tail end of anthropological observtions

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 19:28:05 EDT 2020

Dave,

You're going to lose this argument with me eventually, because any investigatory practice that works in the long run I am going to declare to be part of "the scientific method."  So if you declare that discovery is enhanced by lying in a warm suds bath smoking pot, and you can describe a repeatable practice  which includes that as a method, and that method produces enduring intellectual and practical structures such as the periodic table, then I will simply say, "That's science."

I am not sure this works with my falsifiability schtik, but that must have been at least 4 hours ago.  So "before lunch".

 Nick

Nicholas Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/