[FRIAM] Tripping on the Rye: She's a Witch! How do you know? . (Re: basis for prediction — forked from the tail end of anthropological observtions)

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun Apr 19 14:32:42 EDT 2020

How about lead?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lead-in-americas-water-systems-is-a-national-problem/
https://www.nrdc.org/resources/whats-your-water-flint-and-beyond
https://www.vox.com/2016/1/21/10811004/lead-poisoning-cities-us

Marcus

________________________________
From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> on behalf of Steven A Smith <sasmyth at swcp.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2020 12:21 PM
To: friam at redfish.com <friam at redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] Tripping on the Rye: She's a Witch! How do you know? . (Re: basis for prediction — forked from the tail end of anthropological observtions)

SG -
I was completely ignorant of the history/impacts of ergot<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergot> before this thread. Fascinating!

so now you have added (upped the game of) "ergot" to your argot!

Language of thieves?!

    https://grammarist.com/usage/argot-vs-ergot/

It might be notable that Rye Whiskey (and wild, wild women) is my preferred (hard) drink of choice...  not sure if there is evidence or precedent of rye whiskey made from "spoiled Rye".  Also that my cover/nurse crop of choice is a mix of winter-wheat/winter-rye here on the "homestead".   I haven't tried actually eating or fermenting any yet.

-SS

In this context, we can think about Dave's different ways of knowing when we show cause and evidence that someone is a witch.

  1.  Science: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g
  2.   LSD: Ergo the Ergot: LSD, Causation and Evidence https://www.vox.com/2015/10/29/9620542/salem-witch-trials-ergotism