[FRIAM] whackadoodles go mainstream!

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 14:19:44 EDT 2020

Re: the statistical wash -- yes, eventually. But for those of us who tend to over-react to everything and demand immediate access to knowledge that will only come a year or years later, it might help to think of COVID-19 as merely a complicating factor and retain the focus on your *current* diseases. And age isn't a disease. But diabetes is, COPD is, etc. If you have any of those, *they* are what you should focus on.

Re: designing SARS-Cov-2 -- These arguments sound a lot like "intelligent design" arguments, to me. You see a pocket watch laying on the ground next to a wild flower and intuitively feel like there must be a God. Sure, is it *logically* possible that a God designed the wild flower? Yes. But is that the most useful explanation? No.

The worst conspiracy theory I've seen is this TL;DR, which uses TL;DR as a *weapon* to blind the audience with "science":

  https://project-evidence.github.io/
  https://github.com/Project-Evidence/project-evidence.github.io

I'd be curious if anyone in this forum prioritizes that as something to slog through. 8^) It's pretty funny that, when their name "Project E.P.S.T.E.I.N." was too strong of a hint to demonstrate they were bullshitters, they changed their name to seem less conspiratorial.

--
☣ uǝlƃ