[FRIAM] whackadoodles go mainstream!

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Apr 20 19:46:28 EDT 2020

Compare the common HLA alleles by country to the apparent transmission.

On 4/20/20, 4:36 PM, "Friam on behalf of uǝlƃ ☣" <friam-bounces at redfish.com on behalf of gepropella at gmail.com> wrote:

    It's unclear to me whether we'd expect the virus to evolve faster or slower, depending on where it "originated". It seems to me that if it first appeared in a species that was dissimilar, then when it finally landed in a more optimal host type, it would evolve quickly (at least in non-critical regions) to thrive in that host type. On the other hand, if it lands in an almost already optimal host type, then it shouldn't evolve much at all. And only if it's under some sort of pressure to evolve (e.g. the immune system) would it do so quickly.

    What *would* you people who can read all this stuff *expect* to happen?

    --
    ☣ uǝlƃ

    FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
    Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam