[FRIAM] Local News not so good

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:08:24 EDT 2020

All,

Unless we are looking at some sort of statistical artifact, or geriatric
bumbling on my part, the new numbers are not so good.  Today's was the
largest number of identified state cases EVER.  The santa fe increase, is
part of the largest 3 day total of new cases since April 6.  New
hospitalizations, which have been trundling along at 10-20 for a while,
suddenly jumped to 40.

I had been expecting an Easter Bump, similar to the bump that followed the
Great Toilet Paper Orgy of Friday, 13 March.  I assume that even if people
DIDN't go to church, they probably let down their guard a little on that
holiday.   If I am correct, this is the beginning of a new "wavelet" of
cases which will come in over the next week.

I hate to say this, but it is probably a time to be a little extra careful,
until this next wave has been identified and isolated.

Happy to be shown wrong.

Nick