[FRIAM] CD3+, CD4+, CD8+

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu Apr 23 17:51:44 EDT 2020

Thanks for that link.   CD4 is expressed on helper T cells and it promotes adhesion to antigen-presenting cells.
CD8 is the same but for cytotoxic T cells and different kinds of antigens.   CD3 accessory proteins help signal from either of those into helper and cytotoxic cells that something has gone wrong.  The helper T cells will help activate an antibody response from B cells and their cytotoxic siblings, and the cytotoxic cells kill off infected cells.   I don't know how values across the board would lead to a cytokine storm -- it sounds like immunodeficiency.