[FRIAM] Mawdel Tawk

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sun Apr 26 15:53:33 EDT 2020

I think the modeling without priors occurs because of the failed surveillance.   If there had been aggressive testing, contact tracing, and quarantining, the spread might be have been stopped, but, even if it were not, at least there would be case history stories that could be put into an agent-based model.  Are spread rates on the subway different than at churches and sports events or Mardi Gras?   There was no competent effort to do that, so modelers like Murray’s team fish for explanatory variables retrospectively.    Such models could probably make precise predictions if millions of people had test kits arrive in the mail the first week, and Apple and Google coordinated to have them relay diagnosis information (via smartphones) to a central repository.