[FRIAM] narcissism

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 17:25:03 EDT 2020

Well, to be clear, the journal articles I've seen *indicate* that the grandiose one's don't suffer much. I wouldn't know one way or another. I'm just going off what I read in the articles.

And I apologize in advance, but without *some* evidence in support of what you're saying, it's impossible for me to incorporate. The question I'm asking is: Are they the same people just presenting differently? Or are they really 2 different types of person? I'm seriously asking that. And as I (and Steve) have mentioned, it's reasonable to HYPOTHESIZE that there are 2 modes, or some kind of self-presentation mechanism menu from which the narcissist chooses. So I really am asking the question.

You're not asking that question. You're *answering* that question without providing any evidence to justify your answer. I appreciate the conversation a lot. But it's the evidence (and the structure/type of that evidence) that I care about. If you don't provide any evidence to back up your opinions, I'm at a loss. And, also to be clear, a book from 1975 won't be very good evidence for or against a distinction that seems to have been made in the literature in 1991. I'd love to find a critical "debunking" of the type distinction. That's what I'm looking for. But all I see are confirmations of the 2 types.

--
☣ uǝlƃ