[FRIAM] Warring Darwinians for Glen, Steve

Eric Charles eric.phillip.charles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:49:44 EDT 2020

"But it strikes me that one cannot simultaneously believe that all thinking
is metaphorical and *not* admit to some form of the hard problem."

Those issues do not seem inherently related to me. Can you elaborate? If
so, I might be able to respond better.

I'm pretty sure I disagree strongly with the claim that "all thinking is
metaphorical", unless we mean "thinking" in some very narrow sense such
that the claim somehow becomes true by definition. That disagreement
probably isn't helping me in getting whatever you are getting at.

Eric P. Charles, Ph.D.
Department of Justice - Personnel Psychologist
American University - Adjunct Instructor
<echarles at american.edu>