[FRIAM] Footnotes in email messages: WAS OK. That's funny.

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Wed Aug 5 17:25:43 EDT 2020

I don't intend to trash either Glen or Jon, but I want to express my hearty
agreement with you (Nick) about footnotes (as well as endnotes). For
someone like myself with ADD/OCD tendencies, I just can't skip past one of
these damn things without chasing said footnote/endnote. Since I read
everything electronically these days, it's a major pain to get back to
where I was, especially in PDF documents without good navigational
facilities. And embedded URLs in web content? I think I've done a depth
first search of the entire internet by now and haven't ever popped the
stack back to the original document I was trying to read in the first