[FRIAM] WAS: ∄ meaning, only text: IS: Simulations as constructed metaphors

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 17:01:00 EDT 2020

Ha! Like "steelman", I did not coin it, nor is it "my term". I've forgotten where I learned it, probably from the diffusion of innovations work I did a long time ago. In museology, it seems to mean "a product of natural processes". But I use it more to mean "objects one finds lying around on the ground". I use it that way because the museology definition seems rife with causa prima problems ... much like the one you're trying to get at below. (E.g. are humans natural? If so, are human constructions natural? Nonsense.)

As always, it's a spectrum, not a strict disjunction. YMMV (your mileage may vary). Feel free to kidnap or abuse the term in any way you see fit.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ