[FRIAM] Curmudgeons Unite!

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 15:08:23 EDT 2020

Jon

This ...

a reactionary position to increasingly support inaction in the face of
incomplete knowledge as the path of moral high-groun. While some may believe
this strategy to be 'correct', it leaves bad-faith actors to make the big
moves while the purists hole up, finding themselves besieged and confined to
ivory towers.

. is one of the most important thoughts to be dangled before me in a long
time.

I think it relates to my fears about the Trump/Biden debates.  How do you
debate a person who is willing to confidently lie?  A debate cannot go
forward in the absence of any concept of truth.  So, I think Biden should
either refuse to debate or pick a fight with trump on the first whopper he
tells,  bury him in facts, refuse to talk about anything else until the lie
is revealed, and walk calmly off the stage if that conversation be carried
to its end.

Nicholas Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/