[FRIAM] wackos

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 17:24:05 EST 2020

It's odd to me that Dave would take the string "wacko" so literally. As a kid, my dad and uncle consistently greeted each other with phrases like "Hey Ugly! It's good to see you." Anyone who actually heard such exchanges wouldn't think they were being literal. The same is true with my wak friends <https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wak>.

It's especially odd that Dave would be so hyper-literal and then immediately follow it up with an accusation of ethnocentrism. If I were to classify this group, I'd use the word "misfits". While most of us probably fit in well enough to earn some sort of living, into some stereotype (ethnocentrist demographic), I suspect what keeps many of us paying attention is because we're all *wak* ... misfit weirdos in some dimension or other. But what do I know? I fly my freak flag proudly.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ