[FRIAM] Corsi Box

Frank Chambers chambersfw at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 14:43:39 EST 2020

Kim Shanahan mentionedme in his real estate column in Sunday’s New Mexican and his writing gave memore credit than intended. I suggested the topic to him and supplied somereferences. Richard Corsi came up with the idea of using MERV 13 filters (5 ofthem to form a box for air being drawn into the fan) with a box fan as analternative to expensive air purifiers. Another friend thought it was my idea,too, so I submitted a letter to the paper to clarify and add a couple qualifiers.Some references:

https://www.wired.com/story/could-a-janky-jury-rigged-air-purifier-help-fight-covid-19/

 https://www.texairfilters.com/how-a-merv-13-air-filter-and-a-box-fan-can-help-fight-covid-19/

 https://www.texairfilters.com/how-to-improve-the-efficiency-of-the-box-fan-and-merv-13-filter-air-cleaner/

 Shelly Miller's blog onhome ventilation is good.

https://shellym80304.com/2020/11/02/most-homes-are-poorly-ventilated-what-does-this-mean-for-covid-19/

Frank

Frank W. Chambers2 Sabroso Pl.Santa Fe, NM 87508Home:  (505) 466-1942Cell:  (405) 614-4353