[FRIAM] Please change the damned thread

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:20:10 EST 2020

Colleaugues,

There are many of us long in the tooth on this list, and I think we should adopt some best practices lest the intellectual life of the list become drowned in laments about lumbago.  In retrospect,  I wish I had informed one of you privately, asked that person to briefly inform the attendees when I went missing at vFriam, and to be a point person to any who would persue the matter further.

I tried, unsuccessfully,  to bridge to the less personal topic to Bonnett's Syndrome, which as Frank knew well, presented some problems to me philosophically.  Some of you -- perhaps many -- are familiar with psychodelic experiences and all of you presumably with dreaming.  The enormous inventiveness and creativity of these experiences, their complex structures, and  blooming buzzing confusions, their wildly improbable transitions, are a challenge to any poor monist.  Where the hell does the information come from?

It seems to me that my experience is but a flea on the behemoth of my brain.  I am not inclined to go digging in there, but I can see why some of you are.

Nick

Nicholas Thompson

ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/