[FRIAM] Bees in one's Bonnet (syndrome)

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Dec 8 17:35:53 EST 2020

Nick -

You will notice that I did (finally) change the subject line of my
latest thread-fray (i.e. Estuarial Stigmergy)...  I was feeling badly
for you to have to see your name up over and over on the subject line.
Since I was the one to coin "Nick's Recovery" I will accept some blame
for not helping to redirect/damp it sooner.

I misheard your original post (to beg off being at vFriam) as a hint
that you might have been just then falling down a COVID hole.     I take
this all to mean that you did not, in fact, have any COVID symptoms or
even a COVID scare, and for that I am grateful (on your behalf as well
as that of my empathy).

As for the Bees in one's Bonnet (syndrome)...  I am probably more prone
to diving down those holes than you (and many others here) are, but less
than a few likely suspects (who needn't be named).   It sounds as if you
have been wrestling with some of your own phantasms of some sort and I
don't need to play tag-team with them, helping them to wrestle you to
the ground (or bash you with a folding chair).

I like your question:  "Where the hell does the information come
from?"... and trust that many here will draw their sabers (or wet
noodles) and give it a good working over.   I'll save my own throwdown
for after the fray frays the question a little more.

- Steve