[FRIAM] COVID tracking

David Eric Smith desmith at santafe.edu
Tue Dec 15 18:26:23 EST 2020

Hi Steve,

You probably have read more on this already than I have, but I believe the reason for using sound rather than bluetooth is that RF can see through walls, and very high-frequency sound can’t.  They wanted a signal that would be positive for people in the same interior space, but not for people who were on opposite sides of a wall through which there wouldn’t be air connection.

I forget where I got that, possibly from the company’s site, though several months ago.

Or did I misunderstand the subject you meant?

Thx,