[FRIAM] 5 agencies compromised

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Fri Dec 18 23:13:02 EST 2020

*"There definitely *is* a deep state or, the term I prefer, an "administrative state". And I'm grateful for that *infrastructure*. Just like I'm grateful for the bench scientists at the FDA and the employees at the counter of the DMV. That bureaucracy is not merely good because it achieves good things. It *is* civilization. It's our extended phenotype. It's flat out contradictory to love things like sports cars and space ships but hate things like building codes, DMV queues, and mask mandates. We are the termites and the administrative state is our mound."*

very poetic glen

I am in total agreement — except — The deep state is inflicted with a cancer, one that has been growing explosively, like all cancers. Call it "middle management" for want of a better term. Those between the bench scientists and the DMV clerks and the President/Congress/Political Appointees. This cancer metastasized when Congress abrogated its responsibility legislate in favor of passing overly general laws and delegating law making (under the guise of rule making) to the executive branch of government. Unlike a typical cancer, it is intelligent, willful, and malevolent. It seeks only its own interest. It took down Trump, not on behalf of populace, but purely because of self-preservation. It was relatively easy to do because the man was so stupid.

davew