[FRIAM] Sunset and Sunrise

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Dec 31 23:43:30 EST 2020

and this https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/solar-analemma.html
provides some visual intuition, but the text doesn't quite lead *me* to
a succinct explanation.    I could ramble on speculatively but the main
thing I take away from this is that the *axis* of the analemma reflects
the tilt of the earth axis relative to our orbit of the sun... and the
eccentricity of our orbit yields the sqew of the analemma away from an
ellipse.   I suspect these geometric arguments are buried in Roger's
albebraic description of same.