[FRIAM] Curmudgeons Unite!

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 15:34:58 EST 2020

I almost agree. But there are limits to one's understanding of any given thing. E.g. I probably understand more about the Banking App an employee of my new credit union told me to install on my Android than that employee understands. ... I rejected their suggestion and told them that I'm confused why so many people keep banking info on notoriously insecure things like smart phones. But I have to admit that there's a limit to the extent to which I understand Android phones ... and I'm almost completely ignorant of their Banking App. How secure is secure enough for me to *delegate* that trustability? If they tell me some yahoo at "VeriSign" or wherever evaluated it? If I use both a PIN and a pattern to unlock my phone? Etc.

You have to take leaps of faith at some point. When/where to do it is the question.

--
☣ uǝlƃ