[FRIAM] A longer response to Dave's question

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 19:37:49 EST 2020

Glen, I really want to punt this to Eric, but I have one question for you.

What, a priori, constitutes an "edge".  How do we know where "edges" are?
To take an absurd example, imagine that we had a way of flying an airplane
above 1,000 mph and below 600 mph without ever passing through 740 mph.  So,
somebody says, "We've never tried 740; let's try that!"  Would that be an
edge?  So, "edginess" is defined only by paucity of data?  Or is there
something else to it?

Nicholas Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/