[FRIAM] Fwd: NO LANL IN SANTA FE! Wednesday, 12; 00 outside SF City Hall; bring friends

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 13:54:33 EST 2020

Marcus,

People have kids because they have hopes; people with more fears than hopes, probably don’t have kids.

On the other hand, there’s what my father said when, I, at the age of 40, observed that I appeared to have been … a “caboose”.  “Son,” he said, as if he had been planning what to say for 40 years.  “I never planned to have a child; I never had a child I didn’t love.”

I suppose you might say that people have kids because … you know…. sex, and they love kids because they have them.

Not sure reason has a lot do with it.  But if you want to be entirely rational, the shadow-of-the-future argument dictates that nobody should ever have children because sometime in the future there will be a generation in which everybody dies.  Are you sure you want to be THAT rational?

Nick

Nicholas Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/