[FRIAM] career choices as combinatoric search

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Mon Jan 20 14:34:44 EST 2020

Think about that number and the conceptual problem being addressed.  Does it really make sense to you?

From: Friam <friam-bounces at redfish.com> on behalf of Frank Wimberly <wimberly3 at gmail.com>
Date: Monday, January 20, 2020 at 11:28 AM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam at redfish.com>
Subject: Re: [FRIAM] career choices as combinatoric search

When I worked on No 5 ESS at Bell Labs in 1979 we often asked haven't the division directors read "The Mythical Man-Month" by Fred Brooks.  It was often said that if you got the right 20 people together you could finish the project sooner than by hiring hundreds of new people.  It's not clear that was true.  As I've said before the system deployed in 1983(?) contained 200 million lines of C code.

Frank Wimberly

My memoir:
https://www.amazon.com/author/frankwimberly

My scientific publications: