[FRIAM] Murdoch and Trump

Pieter Steenekamp pieters at randcontrols.co.za
Wed Jan 22 13:05:31 EST 2020

Nick,

About your "if the Enlightenment has worked, it should not need defense,
right?"
If people do not recognize that it has worked, is it wrong to point out
that it has worked?
I'm not claiming there are no global problems - there certainly are. But
things are getting better, not? I've recently read that during the last
decade humanity has for the first time ever progressed to the point where
less than 10% of the global population lives in absolute poverty.
Using this example - there are still massive problems; 10 % lives in
absolute poverty.
>From wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_poverty
I quote from the same wikipedia page:
"In public opinion surveys around the world, people surveyed tend to
incorrectly think that extreme poverty has not decreased."

[image: image.png]

Then about your "A system that “works” does not sow the seeds or its own
destruction, right?"
I totally agree, it does not sow the seeds of its own destruction. Or does
it? I don't observe it sowing the seeds of its own destruction.

Pieter