[FRIAM] vote411

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 23:30:17 EDT 2020

Hi, US FRIAMMERS,

A recent 538.com blog lamented that voter registration, particularly of new
voters, had collapsed in the US since April.  Usually the League of Women
Voters has a recruitment effort around highschool graduations that brings in
a lot of young voters.  No graduations, no registrations.  This led me to
think that I, and other members of the Idle Elderly, ought to pitch in
digitally or by phone to help with a voter registration effort.  I have been
exploring how to do that.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In the meantime, I wonder if you all would be willing to check out the voter
registration tool on the LWV site and see if it works for you in your state.
You can, they claim, register on that site, or, if already registered, check
on your registration status.  I am wondering how broadly true that is.  You
can report back to me here (if you don't mind bothering your colleagues) or
to ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com.

Thanks,

Nick

Nicholas Thompson