[FRIAM] Book publishing advice needed

∄ uǝlƃ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:50:08 EDT 2020

That's horrifying. I hope you got some closure. I have no idea how common such things are. Not the same, but similarly, less than 2 years ago, one of Renee's (male) coworkers (with whom we'd been relative friends up to then) pinned [†] her in the hallway of the hospital to yell at her about some anesthetic protocol he thought she'd messed up (but was actually his own fault according to others involved). The disrespect was shocking. I was more outraged than she was, though. Apparently she's experienced this sort of belittling on a regular basis for decades ... something I'd never really looked out for before. Thanks to people who *tell* their stories, I'm starting to see things I'd never seen.

[†] By which I mean put his arm up on the wall above her, leaned in way too close, etc. ... physical intimidation.

--
☣ uǝlƃ